Are you feeling courageous today? Is it written on your schedule:
“Take on the world today – and win!”
No? (And if not, are you feeling a little regretful now, because you don’t feel courageous?)
Well, just in case you aren’t naturally buoyant with your own power today, I highly encourage you (pun intended!) to boost your own “courage metabolism” by doing this simple but inspiring 5-step exercise:
- Sit or stand in a relaxed but upright position, with your shoulders comfortably back and your chin elevated just slightly. If you can do so safely, close your eyes.
- Take 3 slow, deep breaths as you clear your head of the day’s busyness, allowing your thoughts to quiet.
- Think about what’s ok, what’s becoming great, what’s already wonderful, and what you’re grateful for in your life, and imagine each one of those things as a bubble of bright light floating around you.
- Bask in the glow of the those bubbles of light, absorbing the warmth and lightness into your body. Feel that you are every bit as wonderful as all of those things, and feel gratitude for who you are.
- Imagine yourself going out into the world with that light shining out from inside you, and feel the confidence of knowing you are valuable, capable and strong!
When you pull the light of courage into your space, then shine that light on who you really are, courage naturally results. Way down deep, underneath the self-criticism, disappointment, cynicism, and all that other spirit-suppressing nonsense that’s gotten piled up on top of that inner being, is your authentic, loving, gifted self – reclaim it!
All that other nonsense isn’t true, has never been true, yet too often we allow it to obscure who we really are…who we’ve been all along: the greatest version of ourselves! So banish the nonsense to the darkness, and let yourself emerge into the light.
Turn the spotlight of self-appreciation up every day – and let those voices that would argue that the nonsense is true fade into the darkness. Remember, no judging! This is all about the opposite of judging and criticizing – this is about turning on the light, and acknowledging who we really are, so we can move forward on our lives with ease.
NOTE: As we enter into the holiday season (yes, it’s almost here!), and you think about how last year went, is there anything you would change? Are there any conversations, negotiations or events that you wish had gone differently?
Making change in what matters most to us – and for many of us that is our family connections – we need to be courageous and try on new ways of thinking and new, more effective behaviors. It requires that you tell the truth about who you are, what you want, and where you’re going. Forgiving yourself, and them, is the first step in creating something new.
There are still 3 seats left in my Forgiveness Workshop here in New Jersey on Saturday, September 27th. Register now! Forgiving requires courage – isn’t it about time you finally let go of the guilt and regret, and stand up and face your life empowered, free and ready to move forward? Take that step. Shine the light on what really matters to you. No more hiding, no more dodging and weaving! Click HERE to register.